Sustainable Development Manager for GDP Transport – Aalst, Houdeng-Goegnies
Founded in 1951 in the Center of France Walden is an independent Family Group driven with passion, and today it has become a major player in logistics and transport in Europe. Walden is organised around 3 pillars: Healthcare, as the European leader in transport and logistics (Movianto, Eurotranspharma, Transpharma International); Express transport, as the leading private operator in B2B and B2C in France (Ciblex and Relais Colis), and finally Digital, as editor and developer (Pharma Pilot).
In particular, Eurotranspharma (ETP) is a subsidiary of the Walden Group, based in Belgium, The Netherlands, France, Czech Republic and Spain. It is responsible for the GDP Last Mile distribution under controlled temperature for the healthcare industry. Eurotranspharma transports parcels and pallets on a daily basis from pharmaceutical companies or 3/4PL depots to 3000 hospitals, 600 wholesalers depots and 30000 pharmacies. Our 1200 trained and skilled drivers, docks managers, planners, Control tower & Quality employees, managers and directors operates in observance of Good Distribution Practices. Our fleet own approximatively 1200 vehicles comprising of VAN, Trucks and Trailers with active controlled bi-temperatures.
Purpose of the role :
The Sustainable Development Manager for GDP Transport provides advice and support in the definition and the management of the following :
- Environment Management System (EMS)
- Sustainable Development policy, targets, governance and KPI
- Environment standards and certificates (ISO 14001, ECOVADIS, …)
- Energy transition plan
Directly reporting to GDP Transport QHSE Director, the role supports the daily environmental related activities within the Group allocating tasks as required.
- To create a center of expertise and leads Sustainable Development community for GDP Transport, thus facilitating teamwork, alignment, reporting and synergies;
- To ensure effectivity and effectiveness of connection and communication with authorities and clients;
- Scope of the role is European and requires a strong ability to prioritize, to make proposals (risk based approach) and decisions;
- The incumbent will interact at local, BU and group level. Job requires an ability to work in English and to travel (max. 6x per year to France, the Netherlands, UK, Spain, CZ).
- Environment Management System (EMS)
- Environment risk analysis and mitigation actions
- Environment guidance, standards and targets
- Creation and monitoring of Environment KPI
- Creation and monitoring of Environment Improvement Plan
- Internal (both at Business Unit and Country levels) and external reporting
- Team management (12 functional reports)
- Regulatory and technology watch
- Sustainable Development culture
- Training (sessions and modules)
- Tenders (support to)
- Environment Management System (EMS) in place and in use across GDP Transport network
- Sustainable Development governance in place and in use across GDP Transport network
- ISO 14001 certification in place
- ECOVADIS scoring in place (silver medal min.)
- Energy consumption monitoring in place (gas, electricity)
- Water consumption monitoring in place
- Waste & Recycling monitoring in place
- Onboard telematics (EcoDrive module) in place
- Eco-driving & Eco-gesture training available
- Sustainable Development awareness module available on e-learning platform
- WALDEN UN global compact report released on time
- GDP Transport’s Green project (carbon capture & offsetting) in place
- GHG protocol compliant Carbon reports (across GDP Transport network) available
- Carbon report per client and per consignee available
- White Paper (for transports) updated
- Compliance with applicable regulation effective
Education, experience & skills:
- Master’s degree in Environmental Science/Environmental Studies or related fields
- 10-15 experience in the management of Sustainable Development, preferably in logistics and/or in the transport industry
- Significant experience in project management
- Good working knowledge of Environment standards (ISO 14001, ECOVADIS, …)
- Good working knowledge of Word, Excel and Powerpoint (PowerBI is a plus)
- Previous experience in continuous improvement is a plus
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Autonomy – Organization – Communication – Target focused
- Fluent English is mandatory – French is a plus
Work location: Aalst, Houdeng-Goegnies or Zaventem (Belgium).
Core Values & Culture fit
The core values below describe what is important to us as an organization. They are the blueprint for how we interact with each other, our customers and our community. Living the values creates a culture that enables us to succeed in everything we do.
We know that our people make us unique. Our employees are passionate about always putting our customer first. They have a strong focus on integrity and quality. And always with a smile! Our values form the basis for a match with our organizational culture and apply to all our employees:
- Client Centric;
All tasks must be carried out in compliance with the company and country legislation and practices, health and safety at work and environment guidelines relevant to the market in which the role is operational in.
Please note the list above is not exhaustive and we expect the post holder to be flexible within the framework of the job definition.
Are you looking for a new challenge? Please send your CV and letter of motivation to Karin Van Overwaelle, HR Manager, via firstname.lastname@example.org.